I’m really excited!!
You may have noticed…we have a new look around here. It’s just a little bit fancier. And hopefully a little bit easier to navigate.
I’ve added a few new features that I think are great, and I hope you do too.
1. Visual recipe index. I’m really excited about this. There is a drop down menu where you can select a category and it will show you pictures of all the posts that fall into that category. Some categories, such as dessert, allow you to even filter by a sub category if you’re looking at something more specific. Clicking on the image will take you directly to that post.
2. Featured Posts: The front homepage will now showcase some featured and always popular posts and recipes on the blog. You can click the photo to be taken to the post.
3. Tags: Clicking on a tag on the right sidebar will also give you results with images.
4. Sharing: You will now find a floating sharing bar on the left side of the page. This will move as you scroll down the page.
5. Recipes: All posts going forward will have easier to read recipes. Stay tuned for that.
For the most part everything seems to be working well, but if you notice anything weird, or that doesn’t work please let me know.
Also, it looks like in the transition, if you were subscribed to new post via a reader, that may have been deleted. So just to make sure, you can re-subscribe at the top of the homepage. If it gets duplicated, you can always unsubscribe to one of the feeds. From what I can tell, this didn’t happen if you were subscribed via e-mail. [Update oct 16/2012- I think this has been fixed, but let me know if new posts haven’t showed up.]
Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you like the new changes!