Want to know a great way to get little toddlers to eat lots of raw spinach and fruits?
Make them a green monster smoothie. Trust me, they won’t even be fazed by the green
colour, in fact, they might actually think it’s cool.
The thing is, these smoothies are really, really good. Best of all, they are highly adaptable to whatever you have on hand. I just throw in whatever fruits I have on hand and I’m always happy with the results. Lately because of all the wonderful peaches in season, I have been adding them to my smoothie(skin and all) and absolutely love it. There is no right or wrong way to make this; let your imagination run wild. And trust me, you can’t even taste the spinach.
Green Monster Smoothie
Total time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1-2 servings
- 1/2 fresh or frozen banana
- 1 large peach, chopped with skin on
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 mango, chopped
- about 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1 heaping tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup almond milk (I use unsweetened vanilla)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup cold water
- In a blender or food processor, add in all ingredients, and blend until very smooth. If it is too thick, add water or almond milk until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
- This recipe is just a starting off point, feel free to adjust and use whatever fruit you like
- You can add a little bit of honey or agave to sweeten, however I find the fruits natural sweetness to be enough.
- I often add in wheatgrass juice to my smoothies as well.